Friday, April 29, 2011

April 29 - the jump from the bridge

I'll have a full day report soon, but I have great internet here and can't wait to share.

My #1 goal of this trip was to jump off the bridge at Tensing Pen.  Today, after the skies and water cleared, I strapped the gopro camera to my wrist and made my way up the steps to the bamboo bridge. I turned on the camera, checked to make absolutely sure it was recording video, took a few deep breaths, and timidly walked out on the bridge.

Last year I wouldn't jump from the bridge because I was sure that once I stood still, I would not be able to convince my feet to leave the solid platform.  It turns out I was wrong... as I stood on the bridge my thoughts were...
"Holy crap that's a long way down, I'm sure it's deep enough, other people jump... this bridge is scary as frack, I'm getting off of it..."


Here is the view of my jump from below the bridge, shot by D.



I set the GoPro on the slow motion setting to get the semi point-of-view video.

WOO, I DID IT!

2 comments: