Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Jet-lag

I am home now, still working on photos and notes which have been transferred to my big and much faster laptop.  To spite the additional speed, however, the jetlag hit me harder than I thought it would, and there is the whole business of getting back to work, picking up our parrot from boarding, getting G settled back to school, and the frequent "I can't think straight I need to sleep" pauses in between.

Although it won't be a live update (as if the blog ever is) I still have the 31st to Jan. 4th to complete.   I'm going to finish it while the trip is fresh in my mind so that I can use it as a reference for when I eventually get my scrapbook of the trip together.

As I re-sort my trip photos, I realized that I neglected to share this one from Tuesday the 29th... as we explored Poipu Beach, we passed by a couple of sleeping monk seals.


This was an otherwise entirely crowded stretch of beach, but as is Hawaiian law, volunteers roped off an area around the sleeping creatures and nobody was allowed within 150 feet of them (even the snorkelers seemed to keep their distance on the water side)  I considered going back to the car for my big camera, but the beach was so crowded that I didn't think I'd be able to angle a good shot anyway, so I just grabbed a quick snapshot with the underwater point-and-shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment