Tuesday, January 3, 2017

A quick note about feral pigs!

I think I forgot to mention this in my description of the day Friday, but on our way out of Kipu ranch we finally saw feral pigs!  We have kept our eyes peeled for them on every trip we've had, and only glimpsed one, one time, on the side of the road... which could have also been a rock or tree stump, we never really positively identified it.  On our way out of Kipu Ranch, however, we clearly spotted three feral piglets on the side of the road.  Since there was no traffic, D stopped the car and we watched them scramble up the side of the ditch and dive into the overgrowth next to the road.  It was all too fast for me to capture on film, and although one piglet stuck his face out to watch us, traffic started coming up the road and we couldn't pause long enough for me to get out and get my camera, so we moved on.  It was exciting though... now we've finally seen some of the feral pigs on the islandd!

No comments:

Post a Comment