Saturday, April 5, 2014

April 5 - Beach adventures

Today we stayed pretty close to the resort again, enjoying the sand, sun, and surf.  I spent a little more time on the SUP up until the water became choppy, then took a walk down the beach a ways to look for some of our favorite vendors from previous years.  I think we've found Ozzie's stand, but we need to go back again when we have more time to take a closer look.

The restaurant first thing in the morning... they have added a few little palm trees on this side of the deck.

I had the calaloo for breakfast.  I'm not sure why I never noticed it on the menu here in years past... I think I just got in the habit of ordering porridge and didn't bother to look at the rest of the menu.

My niece, D, and my brother in law enjoying the water

G... chillin.  "This is how I float"

I've been looking forward to trying a SUP for months!

I have yet to fall into the water... when I lose my balance I drop my hands to the board and swing my legs to either side so I can stay upright.  Go yoga!

This is how I turn around... sit, and paddle backwards.  These things don't exactly turn on a dime.

Coming in as the water becomes choppy... I hardly had to paddle in, the current brought me in as if I were surfing.

Lunch and dinner were sort of hap-hazard today.  D and I walked down the beach and sampled some food along the way.  Something I ate didn't agree with me, so I ended up a bit sick in the afternoon, and settled my stomach with an order of fries.  The rain came in hard today, with a powerful downpour that stranded us in the bar, taking shelter... but it was fine as those of us stranded had books to read until the rain let up.  Dinner was split, as D took one of our nieces and G up to the cliffs to check out our resort's sister property for a bit.  I went next door to Charella for dinner with my sister and another niece.  We were treated to an unexpected music performance... I kept giggling because we were watching a calypso band in a French restaurant in Jamaica.

I ended my evening playing dominoes on the porch with D, G, and my youngest niece while enjoying one of the bar's lovely rum punches.  All in all, a nice full day at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment